Company OverviewCPR are a Resurfacing and Civil Engineering Contractor with over 30 years service in both the construction and rail sectors. The company have continually invested in their health and safety accrediations, employee capabilities, plant, transport and safety management systems in order to fullfill contracts at both primary and sub contractor status from their depot is based in West Dunbartonshire, Central Scotland.
- 2016 - National Framework contract supplier of resurfacing services for East Coast Main Line for Network Rail
- 2016 - Resurfacing subcontractor for all 7 platforms for historic EGIP £72M programme at Queen St Station
- 2015 - Senior Planning and Site Management accreditations gained for CPR staff (see Awards and Certifications)
- 2015 - Environmental Management System accreditation ISO14001:2004 and 18001:2007 achieved
- 2014 - CPR Civil Engineering Division replaces CPR Paving
- 2013 - CPR win Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 resurfacing contract
- 2012 - National Framework contract supplier for resurfacing services for Scotland for Network Rail
- 2014 - COSS accreditation for specialist rail division staff
- 2011 - Extension to office building and large scale recruitment drive for Milburn Roads Depot
- 2010 - Management System accreditation ISO9001:2008 achieved
- 2008 - CHAS and Constructionline accreditation achieve
With excellent access to the M8, M74 and M9, from the Millburn Roads Depot in West Dunbartonshire, response time for works in the Central Trunk area is approx. 40 mins – 1 hour, and to North or South of Scotland a maximum of 5 hours.
CPR's Operative Licence delivers a fleet of well maintained plant and vehicles to client sites 24/7 365 days per year and On-Call service with no limitations on travelling throughout Scotland. 70% of CPR's dedicated reactive staff live within a 1-mile radius of our 3-acre, 24/7 premises, allowing for quick access to plant/materials that are around-the-clock prepared for operation by the Yard Management Team.
The company work to a 'Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail' ethos and that a well-planned job will warrant efficient use of resources and a safer environment. CPR's Safe System of Work Planners input worksites on the Weekly Operating Notice. They consider possession availability, resources, material availability etc. to ensure that when the works commence the opportunities of working safely within the planned allocation are maximised. Arrangements are customised to suit a 24/7, 365 days operation. Essential 25kV AC Isolations are arranged weeks in advance in order to ensure the limits of the worksite protect clients and suppliers. Detailed site meetings and conference calls are held in order to ensure access is safely optimised. Safe System of Work Planning Schedule Example:
Awards and CertificationsConstruction Accreditations
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Engineering Supervisor CAT & Genny Training
- Protection Controller
- Manual Handling
- Individual Working Alone
- Dumper Training Excavator Training
- First Aid
- Vehicle Banksman
- Engineering Supervisor
- Site Warden
- PTS and ICI
- Safe System of Work (SSOW) Planner
- Planning and Delivering Safe Work (PDSW) Planner/Issuer
- Planning and Delivering Safe Work (PDSW) Authorising Authority
Training and Investment
CPR have a continuous programme of training and development for our people and capital investment into the business.
Current staff development programmes include;
Current capital investment includes a full refurbishment of the Milburn Road Depot.
Recent plant investments.