The team has been established in the village of Renton since 1963 and in recent years it has grown from 45 to 200 kids, due to the commitment of their Chairman Brian Gillies and the management committee. They have worked tirelessly to bring in much needed sponsorship revenues and improved facilities such as the use of Bellsmyre Primary School as a winter training venue.
The club’s teams are grouped by age, starting at 3 year olds up to 13 years. The 2004 are at present the only competitive team, who incredibly entered and won the 2016-17 DFDL league in their inaugural year of entry. Although the club do not actively seek club progression for their players, many of them have progressed to train with teams such as Kilmarnock, Celtic and Motherwell and Rangers.
Members are mainly residents of Renton, Alexandria, Vale of Leven and Dumbarton but as their reputation has grown, more are coming from as far afield as Renfrew in the West across to Rhu in Argyll and Balfron in Stirlingshire
What’s next for the team? Brian Gillies, Chairman at Craigandro FC said:
“What a fantastic year we have had and we want to continue to do our best for our players and give something back to our community. We are grateful to all our sponsors, including CPR, without whom we wouldn’t be here. By presenting the club in a professional manner through the kits and club activities such as the Christmas parties, we are giving our young people a sense of pride in their team and in this community.”
Notes to Editors
1. Issued by Laura Molloy of RPL Marketing on behalf of CPR Scotland Ltd (CPR). For media enquiries contact Laura Molloy 0141 637 9358 / 07790 994 981 [email protected]
2. Photos: team photos credited to Renton Craigandro FC for use on CPR publicity. Contact Laura Molloy at RPL Marketing.
3. CPR Scotland are a Resurfacing and Civils company based in Renton, West Dunbartonshire.
4. CPR also sponsor local rugby club Loch Lomond RFC.
5. CPR is a Limited Company and is family owned.
6. For more information about CPR visit: www.cpr-resurfacing.co.uk